Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter Training

Things have been rolling along pretty well since my return to training. I really enjoy the base work done this time of year with the inclusion of yoga, strength training, snowshoeing and skate skiing. Between the two snow storms we've had the weather has been quite "balmy" with temps in the upper 40s and lower 50s. The blue sky, loads of sunshine and backdrop of snow-capped mountains makes for scenic training. I know there are some boo-nasty cold days on the horizon, but for now I am eager to get my bum out the door.

As the holidays get closer it seems like time goes faster. My roommate and I are hosting our 3rd annual "Yeah, I Look Good In a Speedo" party this weekend. The last couple of years have been quite entertaining and I surmise this year will bring more good cheer. The highlight of the evening will be a visit from Santa for the white elephant gift exchange. I wonder if Santa is going to do any Jell-o shots this year???

Thanks for reading!

Keep it smooth,

Brad

No comments: