Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gettin' Back Up

With plenty of early morning sunshine, blue skies and the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains I ventured outdoors for my morning run. It was a tad windy but I found myself really enjoying the run and crisp December air. Through my warm-up I began to reflect on the many blessings in my life (family, friends, good health, beautiful place to live & train, etc.) and how often I take these things for granted. Earlier in the week my cousin sent me this clip from YouTube which certainly grabbed my attention. After watching it I realized how often I complain when the weather does not seem ideal for training or the times I get frustrated when the computer is having a "moment". It is so easy to get distracted and waste energy on the little things in life, especially when they do not seem to be so rosy.

Nick's passion for life is infectous and has inspired me to persevere, keep working and get back up when I stumble (and I will stumble!)

Keep it smooth,

Brad

No comments: