Monday, May 28, 2007

Remembering the Fallen

Happy Memorial Day! As a kid, this holiday weekend was one of my favs...with school almost over, the neighborhood pool opening, family barbeques and the local festival/fair I knew it meant summer was about to begin in full force :) Come to think of it, I still enjoy all these aspects of Memorial Day weekend. I also find it a healthy reminder to keep in my thoughts and prayers those who served our great nation and continue to do so in all corners of the globe.

I have enjoyed a rather busy week of training and hitting the town a bit to enjoy some of Boulder's finest adult beverages and food. My brother and his wife were visiting and we shared some good laughs and conversation with my friends over dinner, drinks and of course the Pistons' play-off games. Saturday night we took in the Boulder Creek Festival...I never knew chicken on a stick could taste so good...yummm! The live music by an Irish band called the Indulgers was a hoot. Today Boulder plays host to one of the largest 10k's in the world with close to 56,000 runners hitting the neighborhood streets throughout the city.

May you and your family enjoy a healthy, happy & blessed Memorial Day!

Keep it smooth...

No comments: