Monday, January 22, 2007

When Life Gives You Snow...


make a snowman poker party! No really, I've been training :) My apologies for the lapse in keeping up with the blog. Last week was crazy with training, phone consults with Zane and my athletes, radio interview (check the radio archives at www.nextwavefaithful.com) and a quick trip up to Winter Park with some friends. It was soooo fun hanging at the cabin, drinking a bit of vino and playing some Euchre - a mid-western game invented by college students at Michigan State University, or something like that.
After slipping and sliding along the snow covered bike paths, trails and Boulder back roads I finally invested in a pair of YakTrax. These things rock and are highly recommended for anyone living in snow covered lands. Last Sunday I was heading out for my run just as my friends Amanda & Michael Chivato-Lovato were as well. Within 400 meters they were dropping my YakTrax-lacking arse like it was nothing. Granted, they are quality runners, but sheesh...they were both wearing YakTrax and I thought to myself, "Damn, I need a pair of those!"
This week promises to bring more excitement with warmer temps (mid 40s instead of mid 20s) and sunshine. I have a speaking engagement Thursday night for a local group of high school students on the topic of running the greatest race of all: LIFE!
Keep it smooth...

1 comment:

Glen said...

thats a great pic mate. Hope all the training is coming along for you so you will be ready for the Worlds in October.