Friday, January 12, 2007

Deep Freeze

Whacky...that is how many of us in Boulder are describing the winter weather we have been experiencing over the past few weeks...snow storms, avalanche, high winds (70-90 MPH), warm temps and now single digit...5 degrees F as I write. The walk to the outdoor pool is going to be chilly and I may just have to break out a pair of old runners to keep my feet warm :) Through it all I have maintained a sense of humor and actually embraced the extreme conditions. My Trek TT has not seen actual pavement in over three weeks as it continues a courtship with the CompuTrainer. Up to this point I have been able to run outside, well at times slipping & sliding dodging the snow plow, but single digit temps pose other concerns beyond the footing. The thought of running on the treadmill gives me a rash, but it is what it is.

Beyond training, I traveled to MI on Monday for a speaking engagement I had Monday night. With the high winds Monday morning, road closures and drifting snow I missed my original flight and was booked on the next one which got me to the venue five minutes before my talk was to begin...whew! Upon returning to Denver on Tuesday I headed straight to the Pepsi Center and met up with fellow Michiganders Erin & Pete. The Red Wings were in town to play the despised Avs and it was one heck of a hockey game with the Wings prevailing in a shootout!!

Stay warm!

Keep it smooth...

No comments: