Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Solstice

In many parts of the world, June 21st is a grand day of celebration with the summer solstice. I frequently remind my younger brother, "Dude, you'll never forget your wedding anniversary because it's always going to be your longest day of the year!" As a kid my summer days were filled with swim team, soccer camp, wicked sweet games of kick-the-can with friends, watermellon, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, bomb pops, Tiger baseball games on the radio & cruising the neighborhood on my candy apply red Schwinn bike...flashforward twenty years and I'm still cruising on my bike, swimming a bunch, running a lot (just not after a soccer ball or throngs of neighborhood kids), eating schads of seasonal fruit & hanging with friends whenever possible.

This weekend presents a slew of races across the globe...Ironman Japan, Ironman France, Ironman Coeur d'Alene, Philadelphia Triathlon, Bear Lake Xterra, Des Moines/Hy-Vee World Cup and many more. Best of luck to all my friends who will be toeing the line this weekend!

May you enjoy a spendid summer solstice filled with laughter & good cheer!

Keep it smooth...

Brad

No comments: