Saturday, September 23, 2006

What Happened?

I've been reflecting this quite a bit since returning to Boulder. I totally had the good intention of putting up my Ironman Wisconsin race report in a timely manner, but have found myself in a bit of a funk...disappointment from my race and other "life issues". Basically it was a rather rough day for me. Cold, wind and rain from start to finish made for a pretty miserable day of racing. The Ironman North America staff and volunteers in Madison are unbelieveable and really helped motivate me in my glossy-eyed state on the run. I did secure a slot for the 2007 Ironman World Championships, so I'm stoked about that. My performance on the other hand was less than desireable. I placed 7th overall in 9:41 which is my best Ironman placing. It has been good to get back to some strucutred training this week. I've felt good on my bike completing some tempo and threshold work and my legs are feeling pretty decent with the run. I always enjoy getting back in the water after a bit of a recovery.

Having some down time from training I've been working on sponsorship for 2007, the Fit to Tri program for at-risk youth (www.firstgiving.com/bradsrace) and house hunting. Yeah that's right I'm finally getting motivated to move into my own condo. Coming from Michigan where I was a proud homeowner to having a roommate and renting the past two years I am so ready for a change. My roommate is great and we have never had any issues, but I'm ready to have my own space...kinda lick myspace but only better ;)

I am excited about one more final block of training in preparation for the Soma Half Ironman on October 29th. The race is a hoot and held in the pleasant confines of Tempe, AZ. Several of my friends from Boulder are racing so it promises to be a fun way to cap my season!

Keep it smooth...

No comments: