Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chocolate Covered Anything, Please

Things have been a bit hectic this week upon returning from our team camp Sunday night, but that's a good thing, right?!? The camp was fantastic and props to Mark, Stephanie, Mike, Rob, Jim and the great peeps at Jelly Belly for making it happen. They really know how to spoil us and I almost feel guilty about it. This weekend I travel to Pagosa Springs, CO for a speaking engagement Sunday afternoon. They have been hammered with snow the past few weeks and I'm hoping for a drive over there that is clean & green. I'm looking forward to it as I have never been to this part of Colorado.

Training is rolling along with some doses of threshold and tempo work in the bike and run. This morning I enjoyed some hill repeats up NCAR in the snow. My focus over the next couple of weeks as I begin my prep for IMAZ is to get re-acclimated to altitude within the training. The lungs have felt the burn with some of the upper-end work.

My current read is Following the Flame by Greg Lautenslager which tells the story of a kid chasing an Olympic dream in running. It is freaking hillarious :)

Well, I wish I had more intersting news to share...I mean it is Valentine's Day...hope you were the recipient of some V-Day love.

Keep it smooth...

No comments: