Thursday, October 01, 2009

Tri for Life

Since I began racing IM several years ago I saw it as a great opportunity to race for a purpose, aside from the stylish finisher's t & medal :) Over the years I have been fortunate to have the support of friends & family in raising funds for a stellar non-profit called Mother & Unborn Baby Care (MAUBC).

On October 10th I will be racing the Ford Ironman World Championship to support the work of MAUBC which provides much needed assistance to familes facing an uplanned pregnancy. One of the cool things about MAUBC and why I choose to partner with them lies in the fact they are not in the business of telling people what to do, how to live their lives or making money off them. MAUBC simply wants to be a source of compassion & help. All services are free and include: pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, medical referrals, housing, material goods (baby supplies, clothing, maternity clothing, car seats, strollers, cribs, etc.), peer counseling, adoption information & post-abortion counseling for those who are sufferring from PASS (post-abortion stress syndrome). As a young high school English teacher one year removed from college, I had a student disclose to me she was pregnant and did not know what to do...scared & confused. At the time, I don't think I really knew what she should do! This is where MAUBC comes in to help ease any confusion, offer support & encouragement and answer questions about various options.

If you would like to partner with me in my efforts on the big island you may make a secure, tax deductible, on-line donation by visiting my fundraising website at www.bradseng.com. Your spiritual & financial support is greatly appreciated!

Mahalo,

Brad

No comments: