Saturday, May 10, 2008

Racing, Speaking, The Cure Show & More

Looking at my calendar for the next two weeks things are going to be busy, busy & fun, fun! Next weekend I will be playing with Micky & Goofy at the Florida 70.3 in Orlando. It's been a few years since I've raced this event and I'm looking forward to it as several of my friends will also be toeing the line. A big congrats to my teammates Alexis Smith, Erin Ford and Kirk Nelson for their top 10 finishes at Wildflower and to Kim Dunker who took the win at the Turtle Crawl Triathlon.

On the speaking front, I have several talks at the local middle schools just in time as the school year comes to a close here in the Rocky Mountains. The Boulder Tri Babes have invited me to speak on race day nutrition which will be a lot of fun. I always enjoy sharing some of what I've learned over the years...things like how I used to eat PopTarts, packaged salmon and cottage cheese race morning before realizing it was not a such a good way to fuel my engine. I am super excited about partnering again with The Safe Routes to School Program (encourages kids to ride their bikes to school) which kicks off with a rally on 5/28.

Since moving to Boulder I have told myself I would get to a show at the outdoor music theater called Red Rocks. The past three summers have come and gone without said experience. Well, I am happy to say I will be taking in the Cure upon my return from Orlando. Should be loads of fun with good friends and good cheer :)

I must not forget a shout out to all the Pistons & Wings fans as both teams continue their play-off action this weekend.

If you are looking for a new read, check out This Voice In My Heart by Gilbert Tuhabonye. It is the INCREDIBLE true story of Gilbert's survival of genocide in Burundi. Gilbert is the head running coach of Gilbert's Gazelles in Austin. His perseverance, faith and courage is unbelievable!

Keep it smooth...

No comments: