Thursday, June 08, 2006

Better Late than Never...

Well, it's been way too long since my last update post Wildflower. Things have been pretty hectic with some traveling, training and speaking. I spent a week with my friend Kristin training in the oppressing heat of Palm Springs, CA. It was a great week filled with training, good conversation and lots of laughs! We met several cool people, including Lori Travis and Mitch Gold with Counterpart Coaching (www.counterpartcoaching.com) A couple of highlights included a super ride through the scenery of Joshua Tree National Park and spending a relaxing afternoon at the beach with KH at the end of the week - we were both feeling pretty spent from the heat in Palm Springs and took a nice road trip to the beaches at La Jolla. Last weekend I was in San Antonio to speak at a youth rally. Currently I am trying to find some speed via the local balls to the wall Bus Stop group ride, track session & key swim days and have resumed strength training, which I love, in preparation for Buffalo Springs Half IM. This year it is part of the 70.3 series and offers a significantly larger prize purse which should attract a comepetitive field. I'm road tripping down to the Lone Star state with several training partners from Boulder - should be fun! I will also be speaking at a breakfast being put on by one of my sponsors, Jim Murry with Elite Performance Foods (www.eliteperformance1.com) They make a super product called Omega Oat pancake & waffle mix. Its extremely healthy and makes for a great meal or between training snack.

We're in the midst of an early summer heat wave here in Boulder, but I'm not complaining. I'll take the mid 90 degree heat over the cold any day! Outside of training, life has been interesting (in a good way). Through a pretty incredible friendship I've recently found myself being challenged in a positive way which has given me more opportunity for growth. It's so easy at times to get all caught up with the training, racing, sponsorship commitments, etc. I often forget about the human component to life outside of triathlon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not so focused on my sport I forget about the outside world, but there are definitely areas in my life I've neglected and I am thankful for my friendships.

Keep it smooth...

No comments: